- Smile, though your heart is aching,
- Smile, even though it's breaking.
- When there are clouds in the sky-
- You'll get by.
- If you smile through your pain and sorrow,
- Smile and maybe tomorrow
- You'll see the sun come shining through
- For you.
- Light up your face with gladness,
- Hide every trace of sadness.
- Although a tear may be ever so near,
- That's the time you must keep on trying,
- Smile, what's the use of crying?
- You'll find that life is still worthwhile,
- If you just smile.
Those lyrics are those written by John Turner and Geoffrey Parsons, to the music written by Charlie Chaplin. How Ironic that the lyrics were written to a song by the man who made millions of people laugh.... and the lyrics couldn't be more accurate. Why go through life being sad or angry, there's more to life if you smile through the hard times!
This song brings happy tears to my eyes when I listen to it sometimes, Yah yah yah I know, Im a big sap!
But it makes me happy knowing that its okay to smile and I know that happiness is contagious!!
Make someone smile today, it could make a huge difference!